Vivo Biosciences, ACEA Biosciences, and Roche enter into R&D collaboration
“HuBiogel is the first commercially available, fully-defined human- biomatrix, and we have already demonstrated that cellular behaviour can be very different using HuBiogel compared to other types of matrix.”
The xCELLigence system encompasses a series of RTCA Instruments that utilizes specially fabricated micro plates containing microelectrodes for real-time dynamic monitoring of cell behaviour under label-free conditions. A number of cell-based applications, including cell proliferation and cytotoxicity, cell adhesion, cell migration, and invasion and receptor-mediated signalling have been developed on the xCELLigence Platform.
According to James P. O’Connell the CEO of ACEA Biosciences, “The new HuBiogel-based assays will further increase the application field for the xCELLigence System, in low and high-throughput formats.”
Dr. Raj Singh, President and CEO of Vivo Biosciences, commented, “HuBiogel is the first commercially available, fully-defined human- biomatrix, and we have already demonstrated that cellular behaviour can be very different using HuBiogel compared to other types of matrix.” Dr. Singh went on to say, “We are confident that real-time and dynamic monitoring of stem cells or cancer cells growing in HuBiogel and dynamically monitored by the xCELLigence System will provide extremely useful and incisive information for basic research as well as drug discovery and development.”
“Roche Applied Science believes that the combination of its unique cell invasion monitoring technology with a human biomatrix can significantly support and accelerate oncology research in analyzing the invasive potential of tumor cells", stated Ruedi Stoffel, Life Cycle Leader for Cellular Analysis at Roche Diagnostics.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, virology, inflammation, metabolism and CNS. Roche is also the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics, tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a pioneer in diabetes management. Roche’s personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2009, Roche had over 80’000 employees worldwide and invested almost 10 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 49.1 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche has a majority stake in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information: www.roche.com.
About ACEA Biosciences
ACEA Biosciences has pioneered the development of high-performance microelectronic sensor systems for cell-based assays and diagnostics. ACEA has entered into an exclusive agreement with Roche Applied Science for the development and worldwide distribution of xCELLigence real-time cell assay technology. ACEA has world-class manufacturing operations in Hangzhou, China. The headquarters for ACEA is located in San Diego, California.
About Vivo Biosciences
Vivo Biosciences Inc. (VBI) is an emerging, venture-backed biotech company founded in 2004. VBI is developing new human bioassay platforms for accelerating preclinical research, drug discovery and therapeutics. The company relies on its patented HuBiogel culture technology which emulates the biology of normal and disease tissues. A series of new 3-D or tissue-like bioassay systems are developed for rapid analysis of drug efficacy, toxicity and therapy prediction, the major bottlenecks of current DD pipeline. This high-value technology is available worldwide to academic, private and government institutions.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
XCELLIGENCE is a trademark of Roche.
E-PLATE and ACEA BIOSCIENCES are registered trademarks of ACEA Biosciences, Inc. in the US.
Other brands or product names are trademarks of their respective holders.
Dr. Burkhard Ziebolz
Phone: +49 8856 604830
Vivo Biosciences, Inc
Dr. Raj Singh
ACEA Biosciences, Inc
Dr. Yama A. Abassi
- Goodbye root canals? Researchers use lasers to regrow parts of teeth
- Silicon Valley Indian techies build online platform for AAP
- India-born Satya Nadella named Microsoft CEO
- Bharat Ratna winner C.N.R Rao, scientist par excellence
- Mysterious India-born investor earns big from Twitter: reports
- Mars Orbiter raised successfully by India
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni-I missile
- Superstitions and beliefs of Indian space scientists
- ‘High-debt’ deal not right for BlackBerry: Prem Watsa
- India-origin scientist explains how life began on earth
- Building the next generation of South Asian leaders in US
- Indian missions in US scramble to clean up visa mess
- Efforts on for release of abducted Indians in Iraq
- ‘Phoren’ dreams and big-buck hopes end in Iraq misery
- ‘Humshakals’: Hum Shock-Alls reeling under the farce
- Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde dies following car crash
- ‘Citylights’: An ode to the city’s invisible populace (Hindi Film Review)
- Bhojpuri film ‘Deswa’ going places, wows viewers in Toronto
- Now a heritage scam in Chandigarh?
- Modi victory: Congress ‘communalism’ derailed UPA