Call for Interns at AshaKiran
CALL FOR INTERNS
AshaKiran means 'a ray of hope'.
It was founded in 2006 as a non-profit, which contributes towards creating a
healthy and harmonious community and provides support services to the growing South Asian community in the State of Alabama.
AshaKiran seeks organized and motivated individuals with a flexible work schedule to be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks.
§ Classify and catalog the inventory of images
§ Create database of clients, volunteers, donors and service providers.
§ Maintain the content on the website and social forums.
§ Promote events through social media.
§ Grant research
§ Assist in office administration
§ Assist in financial tasks
Design, event management, Marketing
§ Coordinate campaigns, events and activities
§ Design organization and information brochures
A valuable opportunity to experience non-profit organization and management. Majors that would fit well include, social work, psychology, marketing, non-profit management, communications, internet media and design, but is open to anyone with an interest in social issues. The internship is unpaid, but promises excellent practical experience and mentorship. It will be the stepping-stone to future jobs in service industry.
- Building the next generation of South Asian leaders in US
- Indian missions in US scramble to clean up visa mess
- Efforts on for release of abducted Indians in Iraq
- ‘Phoren’ dreams and big-buck hopes end in Iraq misery
- ‘Humshakals’: Hum Shock-Alls reeling under the farce
- Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde dies following car crash
- ‘Citylights’: An ode to the city’s invisible populace (Hindi Film Review)
- Bhojpuri film ‘Deswa’ going places, wows viewers in Toronto
- Now a heritage scam in Chandigarh?
- Modi victory: Congress ‘communalism’ derailed UPA