Editorial March 2009
We are delighted to announce the launch of Pravasi Herald, an on-line news publication FOR and BY the Asian Indians of Alabama.
This publication will strive to enrich the quality of life for Asian Indians locally and nationally. This news medium starts out with meeting the needs of and providing value to about 9,000 Indians living in Alabama.
This will perform a vital function in contributing to our reflection, understanding, and progress. This will be a means for facilitating the ability for everyone to come together to get and share information, socialize and conduct business.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”, said Chinese philosopher Lao-tzu. So we take the first step in this journey together. We plan to grow with your active involvement and support and expand to all major cities in Alabama by February 2010.
Pravasi Herald is a bi-monthly online magazine. It is a virtual home for the Indian family in Alabama – where members can get informed, entertained and showcase their talents, skills, their families, state their views or make their presence known.
It offers unique features with impressive line-up of columnists - community members who are not only experts in their fields, but are actively involved in community and are local role models - a facet that gives each columnist that extra edge, the local feel, the empathy in identifying with the readers. Pravasi Herald will focus on the local community with a comprehensive Events Calendar, an in-depth Around Town coverage, and Spotlight profiles of key people in the community.
The magazine offers a free listing of businesses and will be compiling a complete list of other resources for the community. With so many features rolled into one attractive web site, we are confident that it is a just a matter of time, before Pravasi Herald becomes a habit with each member of the Indian American community.
Our first issue is March issue. Subsequent issues will be every other month - in May, July, September, November and January. In next two weeks, we will be sending our first bi-weekly letter with upcoming events. You will be able to post your events directly at the website as a member. We are soliciting content from our community in the designated categories. Our Alabama community is full of talent in every imaginable arena.
- Latest Comments
- Indian Vs German
- Share and Care Foundation USA - four years of charity
- CAMPAIGN FOR DIRECT FLIGHTS TO INDIA FROM ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT!
- Dr. Jayprakash Narayan, Round table conference on Parliamentary affairs
- February 2011 - Readers Say
- January 2011 - Readers Say
- Some 40,000–50,000 Israelis travel to India each year ...
- Mysore Palace - amazing virtual tour
- September/October 2010 - Readers Say
- Building the next generation of South Asian leaders in US
- Indian missions in US scramble to clean up visa mess
- Efforts on for release of abducted Indians in Iraq
- ‘Phoren’ dreams and big-buck hopes end in Iraq misery
- ‘Humshakals’: Hum Shock-Alls reeling under the farce
- Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde dies following car crash
- ‘Citylights’: An ode to the city’s invisible populace (Hindi Film Review)
- Bhojpuri film ‘Deswa’ going places, wows viewers in Toronto
- Now a heritage scam in Chandigarh?
- Modi victory: Congress ‘communalism’ derailed UPA